LG G2 showing up as LGD500BK not as LGD801BK

SSF_Coffee

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
This is a bit crazy. I dropped my LG G2 TMO D801BK and bought a replacement. Now, when I connect to LG Mobile Support tool the old phone shows as an LGD801BK but the newer one shows up as a LGD500BK.

The new phone came stock with 4.2.2 and then a series of upgrades appeared. It gets as far as D80130a and when D80130b shows up it fails in the update and then reboots and Google Play Services keep halting and almost all the other apps don't work.

My old LG G2 is now sitting at D80130c and works fine except for the cracked screen.

Is there anyway to just copy everything off the old phone onto the new one ROM and all or fix the newer phone to identify properly? I've noticed that the new phone IMEI in the rom is different from the one inside the case... any thoughts?

Really appreciate any assistance.

SSF_Coffee

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
No, the second phone matches the first and is a LG G2 D801BK just like my first phone. I plug my original into the LG Mobile support and it comes up as LG G2 D801BK and I plug the new one in and it shows as a D500BK ... I'm wondering what is wrong with the IMEI ....

B. Diddy, if it wasn't for the cracked screen, I couldn't tell these two phones apart ...

SSF_Coffee

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
They dodged the question entirely and then said to go ahead and open a return and they'd send me a replacement or a refund .... Killer is that I had already ordered another G2 from a different vendor and this one has a HUGE pair of dead sections of the screen ... can't even log into my gmail account during the setup ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude