Why my Wi-Fi is not turning on?

usamausf410

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello all!
I am facing this issue today, while I was updating some apps Wi-Fi stops working. I tried to turn it off and on but unfortunately, when I touched Wi-Fi from Drop Down Menu, my mobile hanged and then I have to reboot it.
After reboot, Wi-Fi was not connecting at all. I also do a factory reset, problem again! Then I watched out some videos on YouTube and found FXR Wifi fix and rescue. It, firstly, worked and I got connected to Wi-Fi. Then I have to do update. So, the first update in the list was "Android System WebView". After the updating of "Android System WebView", the Wi-Fi connection again lost and hanged my phone. After restarting, I could not find my SIM networks (Showing Error: No SIM Cards), also Wi-Fi was not turning on. Then I restarted again, SIM networks found but Wi-Fi issue did not fixed.

Please help me, its really frustrating.

My Device:
QMobile Noir i2
Android Lollipop 5.1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Android System Webview updates can sometimes cause problems with certain devices. Try another reset, but this time, don't update Android System Webview, and see if the problem persists.

usamausf410

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy for the welcome and your kinda reply! I reset it again, this time Wi-Fi did not worked at all. Also, Browser and Messaging App stopped working. :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That means that either something with the firmware has become corrupted, or there's a hardware issue. I'm not sure how easy it is to reinstall the firmware on your phone--try searching the forums at xda-developers.com. Or you could consider opening the phone up (if you're handy) and see if there are any loose connections. Good luck!

usamausf410

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I recovered it! Thanks B. Diddy to be a part of it! It was the problem with firmware. I just downloaded ROM from needrom.com and flashed it! Thanks again for your kinda help and suggestions! \

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae