Can I extract contacts from twrp backup somehow?

andro1d_qt

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Greetings ,

Got my Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J320FN) like about 2 months ago and after all this time I decided to root it. Flashed twrp recovery using odin and before rooting I made a backup using the custom revovery in case of brick, loop etc. The only thing I forgot to do was to back up my conctacts on the microsd and therefore I'm in a kind of bad mess. So the question is whether I can extract the contacts from the backup or is there any other way getting to reach these contacts and transfer them to the current state of the phone.

P.S. : I thought of making a backup of the phone in this state , unroot it , flash the backup , pass my contacts to the external mem and then root and flash the rooted backup but i'm thinking of what could possibly go wrong.

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
If you mean to restore contacts from Nandroid backup made with TWRP, you can use Nandroid Manager (need root).

andro1d_qt

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Backup was made from twrp recovery so I don't know if nandroid can help me or not. What I meant is unrooting and run the backup so I get back to the state of the phone before I wiped the cache/data and getting my conctacts back.

Edit:donwloaded nandroid manager and noticed that they're going to add a restore contacts option , but until then only thing I can do is add them manually which will probably be rough xD
So I'm still searching for any other way doing so without having to unroot.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23