Android for Work (container) - Samsung j3 (5.1.1) - incoming calls not showing contact

A

AC Question

Hi there

We are struggling to get our Android 5.1.1 phones to show the contact name when someone calls. I understand that the container keeps it all locked in but it is essential for our organisation to show the contact when they call.
We have an android 6 phone and that contains a phone icon and seems to be working and showing the contact when they call.

I expect other android 5.1 users have had this issue and I'm wondering if there is a clever workaround.

I have been exerimenting with some dialers inside the container but not had alot of luck!
Any advice would be great

Many thanks,

S

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome.

This MAY be related to the implementation on Lollipop. I know the company I do IT support for, that is in the process of implementing Android at Work (they call it AfW actually), is limiting it to Marshmallow and above. One of the things people have noticed is an inconsistency with the way Contacts works, and some of that is resolved with the upgrade to Nougat. I never used this implementation on MM (or Lollipop for that matter), they started deploying it in beta after my 6P got Nougat.