Why my phone is not charging?

harslanhafeez

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I have Huawei Ascend G7 having Lollipop 5.0 android version. Everything was going well. Accidently I dropped some water on mobile, I quickly dry it out and check everything was working but phone was not charging.
I tried everything other charging cable, charger, charging with laptop but still not charging. Now I shut it down and now its charging but while power on I tried everything(rebooting,clearing cache, clearing junk,phone accelerator, battery safe mode) it does not charging.
Only while mobile is powered off it is charging.
It seems some software issue, what should I do?
Thanks

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did any of that water get into the USB port? It doesn't take much to make it malfunction. You may have to get the USB port replaced.

harslanhafeez

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for reply. I'm not sure about water get into usb port. It wasn't enough water. But Why it is charging when phone is powered off. and not charging when it is power on.

Even some times I attach charging cable and reboot the phone it start charging when phone starts turning on and keeps on charging until I detach power cable. But for second time, when I re-attach charger it does not charge.

It seems some software issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think your options at this point are to look into reinstalling the firmware, or taking it to a repair shop to see if the port needs to be replaced. I'm not sure how easy or hard it is to reinstall the firmware -- check the forums at xda-developers.com, which is a good resource for this kind of thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2