Install APK's that were compatible on 5.1.1 on Android M Developer Preview

steven0188

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have to apps (apk's) that I want to install and run on Android M Developer Preview, one of them is Musixmatch which won't install on Android M Developer Preview but did work and install on Android Lollipop just fine. The second app is ShareIt, the app installs just fine but if I launch it and agree to the terms of service and click agree then the phone reboots. I was wondering if there was a way t get these apps work properly like they did before in Android Lollipop or like a backwards compatible setting...

Thanks,
Steven

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have to apps (apk's) that I want to install and run on Android M Developer Preview, one of them is Musixmatch which won't install on Android M Developer Preview but did work and install on Android Lollipop just fine. The second app is ShareIt, the app installs just fine but if I launch it and agree to the terms of service and click agree then the phone reboots. I was wondering if there was a way t get these apps work properly like they did before in Android Lollipop or like a backwards compatible setting...

Thanks,
Steven

Welcome to Android Central!

The apps are probably not compatible with Android M. You can try emailing the developers of the apps to see if they have some beta version of the apps they can let you try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae