Can't flash 6.0.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I am in a bad mood. I tried to flash 6.0 after many failed attemps. The instructions all online are for the friggin mac this. HELLO IF YOU HAVE A MAC USE A FRIGGIN IPHONE.

Anyway I used the Nexus toolkit and unlocked the bootloader and supposly flashed 6.0. Everything erased on my phone I check and it is friggen 5.1.1. Tried again to flash it nothing 5.1.1.

Now not only do I not have 6.0 but now I have to reinstall and setup every damn app all over again and still only have 5.1.1.
so people

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Did it.
Great site here told me how to do it in Windows not Mac.

Was not easy but I figured it out that it was missing image.sys. The site is for the Developer preview so I had to just type in a few different letters and the +FSG is case sensitive.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I sideloaded it but it was not easy. Found instructions for Windows PC's was hard enough but I found the site. The issue I had after was that I only had 23gb of storage which I was angry because what happened was I just restored everything and when I only had 8gb of storage I looked up online and the only solution was to use more command lines and erase everything again. Now I got my full 64gb of storage and restored everything after many painstaking hours but I will "NEVER" do this again. I will wait for the slow as molasses OTA update.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I used the Nexus Toolkit and sideloaded without any issues. It was my first time, I usually wait for the OTA. I was surprised how much you had to download/install on the Windows side to make this happen. Android SDK, Oracle Java, USB drivers and some other device driver for Android. I was using Windows 10. Overall 6.0 is running great on my Nexus 7 2013.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I used the Nexus Toolkit and sideloaded without any issues. It was my first time, I usually wait for the OTA. I was surprised how much you had to download/install on the Windows side to make this happen. Android SDK, Oracle Java, USB drivers and some other device driver for Android. I was using Windows 10. Overall 6.0 is running great on my Nexus 7 2013.
On the Ubuntu variants of Linux, you only have to install fastboot and adb, which is as easy as executing two terminal commands. You don't even need a full Android SDK. :)