android 6.0 battery issues

fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with marshmallow? My battery seems to be dying twice as fast and my phone actually gets warm now when I use it, something that never happened before.

Posted via the Android Central App

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the last preview on my N5 and it increased battery life substantially! I have not heard negative impact of 6.0 on battery, just the opposite.

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
N5 user here. Whilst the day to day usage (about 3-5 hours SOT) if impossible without plugging in, the standby time is miles better. I forgot to plug in a few nights back and had about 23% left (had charged during the day) and in the morning was down to 18%.

Prior to marshmallow my N5 wouldve shut down, even with battery saver on, after about an hour or so.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
N5 user here. Whilst the day to day usage (about 3-5 hours SOT) if impossible without plugging in, the standby time is miles better. I forgot to plug in a few nights back and had about 23% left (had charged during the day) and in the morning was down to 18%.

Prior to marshmallow my N5 wouldve shut down, even with battery saver on, after about an hour or so.

Do you sync any type of push email to your phone? outlook for work possibly?

My big issue with Marshmellow's doze feature is (and keep in mind i havent used marshmellow yet) whether or not it will still sync push email with doze actively limiting apps from syncing. Work email simply has to come to my phone immediately. I cant be missing emails because doze decided that my phone wasnt being used.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you sync any type of push email to your phone? outlook for work possibly?

My big issue with Marshmellow's doze feature is (and keep in mind i havent used marshmellow yet) whether or not it will still sync push email with doze actively limiting apps from syncing. Work email simply has to come to my phone immediately. I cant be missing emails because doze decided that my phone wasnt being used.

I do sync multiple accounts including a cooperate exchange account.

Google addressed this when they unveiled doze. It won't hinder notifications.

fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
A simple reset of my phone did the trick, and I'm using a nexus 5, I can't say nexus line isn't amazing, but the battery life is the best I've ever seen on my phone, thanks guys

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I can barely get 3 hours SOT on my N5 and I don't want to do a hard reset and then download all the apps and input passwords for every last one of them. Battery life was best on KitKat, I routinely got around 5 hours SOT. As things stand currently, #notimpressed

MrJazz

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Ditto.
The battery on my N5 has been fading fast (wireless charging?) so I was looking forward to MM 6 and promises of Dozing. Sadly, the opposite effect has been true. This afternoon, I sat it down for two hours and dropped nearly 40 percent power! Bear in mind I don't sync anything (don't even do email on my phone.) What the Hell???

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I can barely get 3 hours SOT on my N5 and I don't want to do a hard reset and then download all the apps and input passwords for every last one of them. Battery life was best on KitKat, I routinely got around 5 hours SOT. As things stand currently, #notimpressed

Doze isn't there to help your SOT. It's there to save the battery when you're not using the phone/increase standby time.
My N5 is down to about 20% after 2.5 hours SOT during the day but as above it can last though the night if left unplugged.