"Screen overlay detected," app permissions, and Twilight

LongbranchPennywhistle

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Friendly PSA for those upgrading to Marshmallow that use Twilight or a similar app to adjust their phones background lighting.

It seems that apps (or at the least I can confirm this with Twilight) that apply any kind of filter to your screen WILL be detected as having an "overlay"

Meaning, you cannot edit any app permissions with them active. You have to pause or disable Twilight so that it is no longer applying the filter in order to be able to edit app permissions in 6.0. Otherwise, you'll just get the "Screen overlay detected" message and be lead to confusion when you can't figure out why. Pause any kind of app like that and try again, should no longer be a problem then.

For example, I just recently installed skype, in order to allow skype camera permissions, Twilight had to be paused.

dulcefius

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

I installed that latest upgrade for my S7, and have gotten the "screen overlay detected" message so many times, with many different apps, that it is making the use of my phone difficult.

I searched for "Twilight" and don't have it installed. I don't know what to disable!

Please help!

Jaschl

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
I installed that latest upgrade for my S7, and have gotten the "screen overlay detected" message so many times, with many different apps, that it is making the use of my phone difficult.

I searched for "Twilight" and don't have it installed. I don't know what to disable!

Please help!

Just close all running (even the ones in background) Apps and try again. Worked for me

helper007

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
OK guys all you have to do is to open that application settings and turn off all application therefore once you open any application that required a permission you only have to click allow and that is it , it will works .

Good Luck

Mo M

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
This turning off of all apps isn't working for me, I have massive problem with skype now, is screen overlay detected, this is horrible

Paolo Zuliani

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i found a great solution.
I had the same problem.
1) download TASK KILLER app.
2)go in Setting -> General -> Apps -> Configure Apps -> "your app" -> Permissions
3)Start TASK KILLER
4)Press Kill Selected button
5)Come back to Apps permission pressing the square button on the Home touch button on your telephone
6)Now you can set any permissions because all the other applications are killed and they cannot be in conflict with the permissions

sarahhtommoo

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Guys pls help i cannot use my phone i cannot permit any app to use the camera the microphone or have access to gallery i cannot open open the gallery and the music it says that i have to allow it when i tap allow a message appears saying " Screen Overlay Detected " please help me .. i have a note 4 with an android version 6.0.1 i cannot use the screen write feature or the smart select feature
... my phone now is useless i cannot do anything with it .. i don't have twilight apps or any thing !

Mark Prucnal

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have any of those programs mentioned I did have Omni swipe which puts a small dot on the screen so I disabled it and had no problems after that

nimayari

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem.
2)go in Setting -> General -> Apps -> Configure Apps -> "your app" -> Permissions
3)Start TASK KILLER
5)Come back to Apps permission pressing the square button on the Home touch button on your telephone
6)Now you can set any permissions because all the other applications are killed and they cannot be in conflict with the permissions

It works for me , thanks man

khanhpham

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I tried all the ways that you guys gave, but none worked for me...

I have a galaxy s7 edge. This morning i downloaded Walmart app and then i got "Screen overlay detected" message. After i turned off all the apps in the "Draw over other apps" list, the app still did not work. Also, all the apps which used to work fine are now asking for "Screen overlay detected" .

I even tried to download Task killer, but still did not work..

TheFinal321

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Friendly PSA for those upgrading to Marshmallow that use Twilight or a similar app to adjust their phones background lighting.

It seems that apps (or at the least I can confirm this with Twilight) that apply any kind of filter to your screen WILL be detected as having an "overlay"

Meaning, you cannot edit any app permissions with them active. You have to pause or disable Twilight so that it is no longer applying the filter in order to be able to edit app permissions in 6.0. Otherwise, you'll just get the "Screen overlay detected" message and be lead to confusion when you can't figure out why. Pause any kind of app like that and try again, should no longer be a problem then.

For example, I just recently installed skype, in order to allow skype camera permissions, Twilight had to be paused.

My wife was having this issue as well. I resolved the problem by changing her default browser. Try that and see if it helps.

syeds786

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, anyone please help me out.... I am so stressed out cause none of the app is working on my phone since I have started having this detection error...... and it is a real pain.... I turned off all the apps... still it says the same.... please help me out in this regard.

syeds786

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I am also having the same problem.... if you come across any solution kindly let me know as well.... I shall be very thankful to you for your this favour.

Hshly

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem.
3)Start TASK KILLER

First of all , hi to you
I have been messed with "screen overlayed detected" for one week, I hopelessly search the Web and keep trying suggested solutions, till I found your solution and interestingly works for me
I wasn't a member of this site , but I sing up to thank you
Thank you very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo