"Screen overlay detected," app permissions, and Twilight

SubhashishDash

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I was facing the same trouble with my Lenovo k3 note.. while using some apps...

I disabled my read mode/night mode and then the problem was solved...

No screen overlay message encountered after that....!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Innocent Dolly

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
OK guys all you have to do is to open that application settings and turn off all application therefore once you open any application that required a permission you only have to click allow and that is it , it will works .

Good Luck

I turn off all the application n still i have same problem i have s5 what should i do now?

Innocent Dolly

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
OK guys all you have to do is to open that application settings and turn off all application therefore once you open any application that required a permission you only have to click allow and that is it , it will works .

Good Luck

I was facing the same trouble with my Lenovo k3 note.. while using some apps...

I disabled my read mode/night mode and then the problem was solved...

No screen overlay message encountered after that....!!!

I have samsung s5 can u tell me the solution?

SubhashishDash

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I have galaxy s5 n i m facing problem "screen overlay detected" even i turn off still same error appear how i solve this problem please help me...

Hey Innocent Dolly.... Sometimes one handed keyboard settings can be a cause...
Deactivate it by going to
Settings > Advanced features >One-handed operation.

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
The problem may be any type of "Security App".

In my case, it was TrustGo Antivirus & Mobile Security.

As soon as I uninstalled it, everything worked as it is supposed to. Unfortunately, re-installing the app caused the problem to come back, so I had to remove it again.

gingerling

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi Thanks for that note, I was so sure it was twightlight which I had since uninstalled but it turns out it was a keyboard switcher causing the issue.

TheStoobs

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site

I had this screen overlay issue, After researching a lot, I turned all the overlays off and still had the issue, I reset my phone to factory, and still an issue.
Turns out, when you disable them all, you need to show system apps too, be sure to check they are off... Seems to have worked on my LG G5.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a pain, but I fully stand with google on this issue. Apps that create screen overlays can be legitimate, but there's so much potential for abuse that they needed to take it into their hands.

Oh, and for the love of all that's good, please check the app permissions before installing them (on the play store web on a desktop it's much easier). I understand that Google is trying to make it simpler for "non-nerds" (No disrespect to anyone with the expression, I consider myself part of the "nerds", as I work in IT), but "hiding" and "simplifying" permissions is not the way to go, as it results in people not learning important concepts.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Go to YouTube and type in screen overlay detected for Galaxy S5 and it should pop up what might be causing my fix Samsung note 5 by looking at the Clean Master app and it was causing the problem the whole time I'm pretty sure they have the reason why iPhone the same problem