Marshmallow emojis... Help?

Chae Park

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi!

First time posting, so sorry if it's in the wrong place, and excuse my english! :)

So I just did the upgrade to Marshmallow on my HTC One M8 and I would like to know if it is possible to get the Lollipop keyboard back, or at least the emojis (without just switching to a downloaded keyboard), 'cause I prefer the L keyboard and I don't like the google emojis... Without root if possible?

Thanks! :)

These were my old emojis I would like to get back : get-androids-new-l-keyboard-your-htc-one-other-android-device.w654.png

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, if you're getting Google's awful blobs now (I hate them too; some of them don't even look like what they're supposed to be in 'normal' emojis!). Unfortunately nope, the only way to get those back is by rooting and installing a different emoji set. OR if the app you're using supports it. For instance, Facebook/Messenger and Whatsapp all use their own set of emoji images. Some keyboards do so also (yup, even if you change keyboards, if said keyboard uses the phone's emoji files, then it'll show the same ones you're seeing right now).

Chae Park

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes I can't support them! I'm a total noob, so I don't wanna root my phone and damage it.. But thanks for letting me now, I'll just use a different keyboard I guess.. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac