I have downloaded Marshmallow but haven't installed it, can I remove it?

A

AC Question

I have downloaded marshmallow but haven't installed it, can i remove it

Hi all,

My wife has a Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen and the update for Marshmallow came through, she downloaded it but it is not installed yet. Is there a way to remove the downloaded files or are we stuck and have to do the install?

Thanks in advance...

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have downloaded marshmallow but haven't installed it, can i remove it

Marshmallow will improve your phone experience.... why have you not yet installed?

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site

Marshmallow is an improvement of almost every aspect of lollipop. Why dont you install it?

Posted with ❤Love❤

Aryan Salooja

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Try deleting the cached data of internal storage. It may work. Btw, let me tell you that Marshmallow is really great. I too have Moto G 3rd Gen and it made my phone faster. Really faster. A significant performance improvement plus the SD card can now be formatted as internal storage, so as to get loads and loads of space. But I won't force you. It's a personal opinion. Hence, deleting the cached data under storage may work for you.

Cheers 😁

Posted via the Android Central App

cawjag

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I was the original poster ( I've since joined the community...yeah me) we have installed MM and it seems ok, she has the 1GB RAM version. The only thing she seems to be having issues with is Facebook freezing up, other than that MM seems pretty smooth on the 1GB RAM / 8 GB storage version. I am currently trying to figure out if I should use a 32 GB sd card for internal or external storage...after doing some research it looks like internal is the way to go.
Anybody have any thoughts on internal vs.external.

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
With M Internal is the only way to go if you want to put apps on the sd card, as portable you cannot as you could lollipop. I personally think using it as portable to store music and being able to move apps to it manually is better so I don't know why they disabled this in marshmallow. So If you want to be able to move apps to it plus take it out and stick it in other devices like your computer then lollipop is the only way to go so this is one aspect m is not better.

Hi guys, I was the original poster ( I've since joined the community...yeah me) we have installed MM and it seems ok, she has the 1GB RAM version. The only thing she seems to be having issues with is Facebook freezing up, other than that MM seems pretty smooth on the 1GB RAM / 8 GB storage version. I am currently trying to figure out if I should use a 32 GB sd card for internal or external storage...after doing some research it looks like internal is the way to go.
Anybody have any thoughts on internal vs.external.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Hello cawjag, thanks for registering and welcome as a new member!

Facebook and Messenger are giving a hard time to many users and it doesn't matter which device. Accessing FB from a browser could be a temporary solution or you could check in the forums for some third party apps (Folio, Metal, etc).

About the SD card, take a look at this Motorola page before deciding.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/109134/p/1449,9582