How can I get the Google App/Google Now Launcher to Update?

adamleonard

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a N6P and have it set to update all apps at all time automatically (wifi or cellular) but it hasn't updated to the latest version of the Google (the one that resizes the apps and has landscape settings). When I go to the Play Store on my PC, it shows that a newer version is available but when I try to install to the phone from the PC, it says that the phone already has it on it (even though it is the prior version). When I go to the app in the Play Store on my phone, it doesn't acknowledge the existence to the slightly newer version and doesn't show my having an option to update.

I know that Google rolls these things out over time in waves but It has been over a month since the app was updated in the play store and I don't have it yet. Normally Google's apps update within a week of a new version coming out.

I've tried clearing the Cache/Date from the Google Play Store and then Force Stopping it along with the Downloads app to no avail.

Last edited:

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I get Google Now Launcher to Update?

My 5X has ver 1.3.large on it and that's the same version available on the play store. Your 6P is a different version?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: How can I get Google Now Launcher to Update?

Google pushes out updates to its apps in waves (just like OTA updates to the OS). Your phone just isn't in one first waves. It'll update eventually (usually within a week or so of the update hitting Google Play). The only other way is to side load it from somewhere like APK mirror if you want to trust that site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay