Why is phone voice quality so poor in Marshmallow Nexus 6?

A

AC Question

Last summer, when new, my Nexus 6 with Lollipop had wonderful phone call quality. Not now with Marshmallow.

Is there some kind of app that would smooth out the ragged speech?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the call quality also bad when using a wired or Bluetooth headset? Are you sure it isn't a problem with the network? Check with your carrier. Make sure any option for HD Calling/Advanced Calling/VoLTE is turned on, if at all possible. If the phone is capable of wi-fi calling, try toggling that on or off, depending on what it's set to right now.

Tom Egan

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your ideas. I just don't know enough about the technology. I'm going to have to throw myself on the mercy of Help at Google Project Fi which I'm using. It's a beta test, so maybe I'm caught up in some geeky problem that I don't have a chance of solving. (My old flip phone didn't have this problem from this location.)

Tom Egan

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Turned out to be a fairly simple fix. The Project Fi Help person walked me through the process of clearing data and cache in the Project Fi app. I don't know what that did to the system, but all the dropouts are gone now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney