After 6.0 updated Bluetooth is not working in my Car ( Mobile Moto G 3rd Generation 16 GB), what can I do?

A

AC Question

After 6.0 updtae Bluetooth is not working in my Car ( Mobile Moto G 3rd Generation 16 GB)

Got the 6.0 update for my Moto G 3rd Generation and I had this little, tiny bit of hope in the back of my mind that maybe they snuck a fix in for the erratic connection behavior on many people's bluetooth car connection (me included). As a reminder, it connects, drops the connection, reconnects - all at random.

Since getting the 6.0 update, if I place a call via my car's bluetooth connection, the phone starts to place the call, I hear a "pop" and the bluetooth connection cuts off. None of the call is handled through my car and the car displays "Unknown Number" for just a couple seconds. The phone continues the call but its now through the handset. So, now I'm not getting anything through my car's system.

I tried rebooting my phone after the update. I tried "forgetting" my car and reconnecting it to the phone as a new device.

Of those of you that do have the car connection problems, did yours get worse? better? the same?

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: After 6.0 updtae Bluetooth is not working in my Car ( Mobile Moto G 3rd Generation 16 GB)

Had huge frustration with this too. I read someone on here suggested clearing cache through the recovery menu, and touch wood haven't had a problem since

Posted via the Android Central App

VTapps

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: After 6.0 updtae Bluetooth is not working in my Car ( Mobile Moto G 3rd Generation 16 GB)

Where are u from? i want marshmallow on my motog! sorry for the offtopic

DW1945

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
I had a similar problem and after trying many suggested solutions I rang Lenovo / Motorola support. The solution provided (see below) has worked since trying it, so I hope that it will continue in the future.

FIRST: Clear data of the Bluetooth Share app:
1. Un-pair all devices from your phone.
2. Turn Bluetooth off on your phone.
3. Settings
4. Apps
5. Three dots in the top right corner
6. Show system
7. Look for app “Bluetooth Share”
8. Tap “Force stop” then “OK”
9. Tap “Clear data” then “Ok”
10. Power cycle the phone by turning it completely off and then back on.
11. Reconnect the Bluetooth device to your phone.

THEN: Turn off the Bluetooth scanning option:
1. Settings
2. Location
3. Tap the menu icon at the top right hand corner
4. Select Scanning
5. Turn off the Bluetooth Scanning option and leave it off.

I then repeated stage 10 as above (although not certain of this is necessary). Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36