Why am i unable to import my contacts from SD card in Moto G2 after upgrading to Android M?

suryalight

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Upgraded to Android M after there was a system update on my Moto G (2nd Gen). Ever since the update, I am unable to import my contacts from the VCF file saved in my SD Card. I am unable to add any contact in my phone contacts. I am unable to send any SMS nor am I am able to receive any SMS nor am I able to delete any SMS. Its become awful situation as the primary function of the phone (to search for a particular number and call) lost. Please help me. Android M has made my phone just unusable. :'( :'( :'(

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded to Android M after there was a system update on my Moto G (2nd Gen). Ever since the update, I am unable to import my contacts from the VCF file saved in my SD Card. I am unable to add any contact in my phone contacts. I am unable to send any SMS nor am I am able to receive any SMS nor am I able to delete any SMS. Its become awful situation as the primary function of the phone (to search for a particular number and call) lost. Please help me. Android M has made my phone just unusable. :'( :'( :'(

how did you set your storage up when installing the "upgrade" (downgrade in my opinion) ? did you go with "adoptable storage" or "external storage" for your SD Card ?

suryalight

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I went with "external storage". I did not want it part of the the Android. Only way I am able to communicate is through whatsapp. Even the SMS are arriving very late, like taking almost 30 min to arrive. Also unable to delete any SMS within any particular thread. I am using default message option (not Hangouts).

I am even unable to see the "history" of phone calls. It shows blank. When I am trying to add new contact, it allows me to enter all information. But the "tick" at the top right does not get pressed for it to save. After that, it just hangs.

Whatever VCF file was saved in earlier Lollipop, it tries to import and gets stuck at 3%. But even the first 3% that it has imported does not show in the contact list.

Just don't know how I will function with the phone. Is there any way of going back to Lollipop / Kitkat ? I would love to go back to KitKat. Lollipop is a waste on the battery resource.

Thanks for the patient hearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton