Android 6.0 on SGS6 Edge+

Furiosity

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

I just updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow yesterday, and now I'm wondering about missing and changed settings. Are these solvable issues or just something I have to try to live with now(reroll back to earlier version).

1. No additional info on lock screen.
On earlier version I could have Weather and Pedometer information on the lock screen, now they have disappeared and there is no longer a setting for them under the Lock Screen -settings.

2. Swipe to unlock
Anyway to disable this? Annoying and useless...

3. Edge screen always visible
I had this setup so that Edge screen was only visible in the home screen. Now I can't find this setting anymore either and thus it is visible everywhere. Issue or, anyway to do it as it was?

Cheers!

Furiosity

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
1. Cannot be added
2.disable smart lock

Thanks for the information regarding the first one.

Disabling Smart Lock doesn't help with the lock screen. I'm using pattern, and before when I wanted to unlock the phone, I just had to swipe the pattern. Now I need to first Swipe to unlock, and then the pattern, and I don't like it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information regarding the first one.

Disabling Smart Lock doesn't help with the lock screen. I'm using pattern, and before when I wanted to unlock the phone, I just had to swipe the pattern. Now I need to first Swipe to unlock, and then the pattern, and I don't like it.
Ah ok. I use fingerprint and I don't need to swipe for that.

Kyle Rough

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue with the swipe. It requires you do swipe first regardless of the security method. Pin, pattern, fingerprint, it's all the same

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes