Please help. ...

St3veP

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Morning all. I have an s6 G920f model and am on o2 in the UK. The rollout has taken place but I haven't received anything. O2 can't help and Samsung were rather dismissive. Can you guys give me any advice on what to do now. Do i wait or should I load through kies/Odin

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
That's strange as it looks as though the update has been released for your phone. Download Samsung Smart Switch (KIes replacement) and see if you can upgrade that way.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have an S6 Edge. When I got it on end of term of my old contract, I had the one with the BTU firmware. It's unlocked and unbranded. Everywhere you go people will say it's better to have that than carries branded as it will get upgrades first. Guess what?? EE rolled out the update before I got mine. It may have been due to the beta launch but I was certainly at the back of the queue. Would I bother? MM isn't especially exciting and I discovered battery life got worse although I found an App called Doze on playstore and battery life is now better than Lollipop. Flashing is easy to do. If you mess up Samsung Smart Switch offers recovery options and you will need it to back up your device.
If you decide to give it a go and get any problems, come back and we'll help you out;)