Google Play Services problem after Marshmallow upgrade, how do I fix it?

A

AC Question

Google Play Services problem after Marshmallow upgrade

I received the Marshmallow upgrade on the 22nd but once that was done my Google Play Services have been rendered non-functional. I followed instructions I got on one of these forums and deleted the cache but nothing came out of it.

The error message I am getting now is -
"Can't update app

Update for "Google Play services" could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error while retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-7:AEC-7 6LWD-WASG-CABNE])

How do I set this right ?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Play Services problem after Marshmallow upgrade

Hi, bit of a drastic measure but have you considered performing a factory reset on the device? usually after installing a software update it's recommended to perform one if you encounter any issues.

NB - make sure you have all your data and media backed up before you perform the reset.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issue when I installed Marshmellow. I was told to update Google Play Services and when it brought me to the place to do the update I had the issue. I shut down my Note 4 waited about 5 minutes and restarted it. I was again told to update this time all was ok.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ajeesj

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site

Facing same issue after upgrading to marshmallow in my note-4

Last edited:

wgraz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the ATT variant of the Note 4. Directly after the MM update, I noticed 2 notifications on the lock screen. One was saying Google Play Services must be updated. The other notification had something to do with my SD card. I let the phone settle for 10 minutes without touching it like I always do after a major update and when I picked up the phone, that Google Play Services notification was gone so I'm not sure if it updated or not. It's not available in Google Play as an update even with "Unknown sources" checked.

What version number of Google Play Services do you guys have? Mine is 9.6.83. I searched for it on Google Play and it cannot be found (w/wo Unknown sources)

Last edited:

mkv336699

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I have Lenovo phab its a tablet. i recently got the MM update and after that when i installed the update both my play store and play service are not working the messages keeps popping up "Update your play store and update your play service" or "Unfortunately your play services has stopped working". I tried clearing the cache, force stop and disabling the app but nothing worked. I did restarting the device like a million times still nothing. I tried downloading apks for my device's suitable Play store and Play service too but nothing changed.Only thing left is Factory data reset.Please someone help me!

osama kaleem

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Yeah mate same here!! cant do anything like cant login in google account for the device, google play store keep shutting down sayin " Google play services has stoped"
To update too cant update! i installed apps like facebook,instgram,whatsapp etc through adb but play services is not updating through it
........ help guyzz :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz