Minor gripe with marshmallow on LG V10 select all text now requires an extra click????

jdbaker82

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if it's just the LG V10 running marshmallow or all marshmallow but now when I highlight text I can't simply click on select all I have to click on the 3 little dots first that shows more options and then select all. Is everyone running marshmallow have the same thing??? This was a very bad change and just annoying it was better seeing all the options with one click and hold.

EDIT : I just realized within the chrome browser if you select text on an actual site you do see select all but in the address bar and Google search bar and other apps you have to drill down on the more options dots.

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't have Marshmallow installed yet, but I can tell you that going from 5.0.1 to a 5.1.1 phone I found several things that require additional steps for some stupid reason.
Like on my old G3 when putting a unknown number on the Reject Call list I just had to tap and old and then select the option I wanted.
It seems to be hip nowadays to design OS's less efficient and productive by adding more steps to do the same as before without any particular reason.
Some developers or whoever signs off on some stuff should have stayed at home in the couch instead.
There are some people in this world that have to justify sitting in the chair they have, even if it means to make changes for the worse.