Stock e-mail app Thread/Coversation view gone?

davidwilling

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a S6 Edge and prior to Marshmallow I was able to choose between thread/conversation view or just all the emails in one long list, the has now gone which is a real pain as my work emails involve huge discussions between a great many people! Does anybody else have this issue? I've googled it and all I get is regarding how to disable this on the Gmail app. My stock email is used for my work email which is a MS Exchange using ActiSync. If anybody uses a different email app that has the thread view, then I would appreciate your thoughts on which email app is best for you.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a S6 Edge and prior to Marshmallow I was able to choose between thread/conversation view or just all the emails in one long list, the has now gone which is a real pain as my work emails involve huge discussions between a great many people! Does anybody else have this issue? I've googled it and all I get is regarding how to disable this on the Gmail app. My stock email is used for my work email which is a MS Exchange using ActiSync. If anybody uses a different email app that has the thread view, then I would appreciate your thoughts on which email app is best for you.
Try out this one, check out the screenshot, Blue Mail In my opinion is one of the best email app.
b3dcc7347167b60b5c31e70fca558e14.jpg

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Aquamail is a great email app. They just added conversation view.

The developer is very responsive and updates frequently.

Lostfile

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Do you have the 'thread' button on the bottom-right? This shows a conversation-style email thread. Not sure if thats what you're looking for, but I think thats the closest to a 'thread' style you can get with the stock email app.

Attachments

• 4865.jpg
    4865.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 31

Firehawk70

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a more interesting issue. I see the thread button with a count, but when I tap it, nothing ever happens! All the other buttons on the bottom row work - reply, forward, delete. My swipes work both left and right (be nice if I could switch those in options though). Seems like everything is normal except that Thread button just won't click - tried in portrait and landscape so it's not like that corner of the touchscreen is dead.

I've rebooted a bunch of times, but I'm not really looking forward to wiping the phone. My email app likely has a bug in it or is misconfigured (or both). I have not found anyone else reporting this issue on the web, but then again searching for the word "thread" is a real issue with forums using that word plentifully.
My stock email is version 3.3.17 on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. In the application manager I don't have any options to clear cache for that app.

Guille Brossi

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a more interesting issue. I see the thread button with a count, but when I tap it, nothing ever happens! All the other buttons on the bottom row work - reply, forward, delete. My swipes work both left and right (be nice if I could switch those in options though). Seems like everything is normal except that Thread button just won't click - tried in portrait and landscape so it's not like that corner of the touchscreen is dead.

I've rebooted a bunch of times, but I'm not really looking forward to wiping the phone. My email app likely has a bug in it or is misconfigured (or both). I have not found anyone else reporting this issue on the web, but then again searching for the word "thread" is a real issue with forums using that word plentifully.
My stock email is version 3.3.17 on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. In the application manager I don't have any options to clear cache for that app.

I have the same issue. Thread button not working. :(
Email v. 3.3.17 - Galaxy S6 Edge
Any suggestion?

montais1234

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I try this and it worked on mine.
Go to Security -- other security setting - device administrator - turn off email
This will erase all mail account.
After that go to Applications -- Application manager -- Email -- Storage -- Clear both Data and Cache
Open Email app again and set up account again. Thread button should work.

Mike Gambrell

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue on S6 and Galaxy Tab A I did a restore on my phone and that fixed it and thread button works again I like you am reluctant to do that on my tablet so still looking for an answer also

jrob082106

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Do you have the 'thread' button on the bottom-right? This shows a conversation-style email thread. Not sure if thats what you're looking for, but I think thats the closest to a 'thread' style you can get with the stock email app.

What if I press the "thread" button and nothing happens? How do I get back to see all the emails in the thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy