Any way to remove the clock from status bar in Marshmallow without rooting?

CenturyBreak

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I've just acquired a Nexus 7 (2013) which I'm setting up for my brother, and one requirement he has is no time display anywhere... don't ask! :p

I can grab a third-party lock screen app to eliminate the clock from the lock screen and not have a clock widget on the home screen, so that leaves the clock in the status bar...

I've updated it to 6.0.1, as I assumed that time/clock was one thing that could be shut off in the Status Bar settings in System UI Tuner.... but no joy.

Any suggestions? I'm really hoping this can be done without rooting/recovery/Xposed as I need to provide my not-at-all-tech-savvy brother a super-simplified Android experience.

Thanks in advance! :D

blak8830

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
An alternate ROM, or different launcher may be the only way. PureNexus ROM has a setting to turn off time and date, e.g.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Change the color. The area where the clock appears in the notification bar is white, so is the background.
I don't see it. (I did want notifications so I changed the notices to black.

Chilly addict

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I've just acquired a Nexus 7 (2013) which I'm setting up for my brother, and one requirement he has is no time display anywhere... don't ask! :p

I can grab a third-party lock screen app to eliminate the clock from the lock screen and not have a clock widget on the home screen, so that leaves the clock in the status bar...

I've updated it to 6.0.1, as I assumed that time/clock was one thing that could be shut off in the Status Bar settings in System UI Tuner.... but no joy.

Any suggestions? I'm really hoping this can be done without rooting/recovery/Xposed as I need to provide my not-at-all-tech-savvy brother a super-simplified Android experience.

Thanks in advance! :D

Put a black wallpaper. Install nova launcher, go to settings, look and feel, dark theme.
This way you will guide the whole status bar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez