Android OS High Data Usage! (My 1st Post)

CeCe82

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm not quite sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I've been searching for an answer for weeks now and still haven't found one.
****** Anyhow, I'm experiencing the same problem as others. * I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, the US version with Snapdragon running Marshmallow. If it matters, I'm with Verizon. Android OS is using way too much data is the background and I have no idea as to why.* I keep the data off when I'm not using it.* I restrict the background data most of the time when the data is on due to this, but it still uses background data.* I keep sync off, battery saver on, I don't have Facebook or any other social networking except plain old texting.* In fact I only have one app that i downloaded at the moment.* That's Candy Crush Soda and it's not the problem I don't think.
******* It's so irritating because I don't have WiFi so I honestly do not use this phone as much as I'd like to, as I could with my old phone.* I've figured that I can use 0.1 gb a day to stay within my data limit and Android OS is using that much in 2 to 3 days!!!!! I'm at a loss for what else to try.* Oh yeah,* as of last night I optimized all my apps that will within the battery options. Too soon to tell if that will help at all seeing as how Android OS is not listed.* I'm literally avoiding using my phone to an extent which is absolutely ridiculous. Any suggestions?* Thank You Kindly

Andrew Sacha

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with the same phone and carrier. I believe that it is likely the most recent software update as it started at about the same time. I have downloaded My Data Manager as it breaks down what is within Android OS. Perhaps if we both do this, we can get to the bottom of this and fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1