Duplicate apps

kilian97

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys I've been having problems with my apps duplicating after updates. I'm using a blackveiw 6k phone running android 6.0. I deleted the apps and reinstalled them which fixed the duplicates for the most part but I also have a duplicate of google maps for some reason... needless to say I can't delete it and reinstall it since it's part of the software, I was wondering how I can get rid of the duplicate app? Any help would he appreciated thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are you seeing the duplicate--on the homescreen or in the App Drawer? Are they showing up twice in your Settings>Apps​ menu as well?

kilian97

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
185dc1743690c04ca61d62c647a2d74a.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does your phone's launcher have an App Drawer, or do all apps have to show up on the homescreen (like in iOS)? If you long-press one of those icons, do you get an option to remove the shortcut from the homescreen or only to uninstall?

kilian97

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Does your phone's launcher have an App Drawer, or do all apps have to show up on the homescreen (like in iOS)? If you long-press one of those icons, do you get an option to remove the shortcut from the homescreen or only to uninstall?
I get app info pop up and uninstall for apps I've downloaded and built in apps I only get an app info option I don't have an app drawer as far as I know I'm recently switching from iPhone so I'm not real familiar with Android

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a bug in Blackview's launcher interface. That interface is not typical Android (since most Android devices have launchers that include an App Drawer, and allow you to have as many or as few app shortcut icons on your homescreen as you'd like.

You could try going to Settings>Apps, and look for Launcher, or Home, or something similar (I'm not sure what your phone's launcher apps is called). You might have to tap Menu first, and tap Show System. Select the launcher app, then tap Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now go back to your homescreen, and see if the app icons repopulate correctly.

kilian97

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
It sounds like a bug in Blackview's launcher interface. That interface is not typical Android (since most Android devices have launchers that include an App Drawer, and allow you to have as many or as few app shortcut icons on your homescreen as you'd like.

You could try going to Settings>Apps, and look for Launcher, or Home, or something similar (I'm not sure what your phone's launcher apps is called). You might have to tap Menu first, and tap Show System. Select the launcher app, then tap Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now go back to your homescreen, and see if the app icons repopulate correctly.
6aaaf875c665f2df5b145b57e587a661.jpg

Scratch that I spoke too soon cleared data and problem solved thank you for anyone else with this phone,(bv600)
go to settings>apps>launcher 3> then tap storage to get the clear cache/data options click clear data and problem solved big thanks to b.diddy for helping put with this should have been able to figure that out on my own lol its the same as fixing broken icons with a PC I'm just used to cmd I guess
I found launcher in apps but I couldn't find ant clear cache options

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz