No option to make SD card internal storage

MarriageDr

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Amp 2 from Cricket. I love the phone and like the smaller form factor for my small hands. However, it only has 8GB of internal memory. The phone has the latest updates (6.0.1), and when I follow all the online tutorials to make my SD card work as internal memory there is no option to do so when I format it. The 3 dots in the top right corner to try to go to settings isn't available either in the storage section of the settings. Any help?

abhishek singh21

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
youc an format your sdcard as poratable or adopted whichever your phone supports. Go to settings>storage>sdcard> format in the next screen you will find out what your device supports. ;D

btw: ROOTING / LINK2SD /ADB cmds are useless as of now on marshmalow so dont waste time on that

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The option to use an SD card as adoptable storage is completely based on the OEM deciding whether or not to allow it. IIRC, Samsung doesn't let SD cards work as adoptable storage because slow SD cards can slow the device if used that way, it's less secure, SD cards can fail, etc.. Bottom line is that Samsung doesn't want SD cards as adoptable storage, so you won't find that option on their phones.

lnfitz

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't exactly figure out why I had to free up so much device memory before my Samsung Galaxy Tab would allow the update. Should have just ignored it. By removing the option to store partial apps on my SD card, this tablet has just become another electronic paperweight. Bye-bye Samsung, I have just been pushed to the dark side.... i-giveup

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci