Need help with multiple issues.

renegadejd

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
1st off verizon has pushed the Android 6 update to my phone. I refuse to update because I've heard of some major issues with 6. Also from what I understand, in the new update, the quick launch apps are removed and have been replaced with just a voice command launch. I don't want the voice command as I'm always in noisy environments and its much simpler to just swipe the app that I need. So, is there a way around that, or do they still give you an option to use the quick launch on the lock screen?*

Second, since I updated to lollipop a long while back, my sounds aren't as loud as pre lollipop.* Am I stuck with the lower sound level if I stay with lollipop?

Third, how do i give and remove ext sd card write permission? I know you're able to give after the install of a new app, when the new app first goes to write on it. I'm wanting to change after after the fact.

Thanks for your time and help, I greatly appreciate any help. JD

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Change it "after the fact"? The first time an app tries to write a new folder to the card, it should get permission - on installation or 5 years later. It can't write to another app's folder - you could change the card's permissions in Linux or change the owner of the folder after it's been created by another app (use the chown command - change owner).

frankopstaele

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Galaxy j5 with android 6.0.1. Marshmallow.
When my phone goes into screen timeout I don't get anymore notifications.
And there's no way to disable the screen timeout (unless I install a 3rd party app)
It's really pissing me off coz what's the use of notifications (reminders,..) if you only get them when you're using the phone ...
It defeats the whole purpose of notifications, doesn't it ?
This must be a bug.
What if I have an important doctors appointment and I rely on my phone to notify me ?
Do I have to go back to putting up "post its" on the fridge door ?

Is there anybody else out there with the same problem ?

Thanks in advance

Frank

frankopstaele

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi ManiacJoe,

Sorry but I dont know what you mean by the "doze" feature..
Is that the same as screen-timeout ?
Its under settings-display-screen timeout.. I have a choice : after 15 secs, 30 secs, 1, 2, 5 or 10 mins..
The phone goes into "inactivity" and the screen goes black.

About notifications : all apps fail to notify...Mail, Google+, calendar reminders,.. you name it.
It's only when I bring the phone out of screen timeout that all notifications go off all at once, it's ridiculous.

I did a facture reset but problem remains

frankopstaele

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi ManiacJoe,

Sorry but I dont know what you mean by the "doze" feature..
Is that the same as screen-timeout ?
Its under settings-display-screen timeout.. I have a choice : after 15 secs, 30 secs, 1, 2, 5 or 10 mins..
The phone goes into "inactivity" and the screen goes black.

About notifications : all apps fail to notify...Mail, Google+, calendar reminders,.. you name it.
It's only when I bring the phone out of screen timeout that all notifications go off all at once, it's ridiculous.

I did a facture reset but problem remains

Androidprobz

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Galaxy j5 with android 6.0.1. Marshmallow.
When my phone goes into screen timeout I don't get anymore notifications.
And there's no way to disable the screen timeout (unless I install a 3rd party app)
It's really pissing me off coz what's the use of notifications (reminders,..) if you only get them when you're using the phone ...
It defeats the whole purpose of notifications, doesn't it ?
This must be a bug.
What if I have an important doctors appointment and I rely on my phone to notify me ?
Do I have to go back to putting up "post its" on the fridge door ?

Is there anybody else out there with the same problem ?

Thanks in advance

Frank

You can fix this problem in your notification settings or developer settings it asks whether you would like to see the notification when the screen times out .. hope this helps

renegadejd

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Change it "after the fact"? The first time an app tries to write a new folder to the card, it should get permission - on installation or 5 years later. It can't write to another app's folder - you could change the card's permissions in Linux or change the owner of the folder after it's been created by another app (use the chown command - change owner).

Within my phone. I'm never around a pc. I also don't have Linux.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It's simple, if your phone is working fine now don't upgrade to marshmallow (Android 6) it's crap and will give you nothing but trouble. Stay with whatever your phones running well now and get Android 7.1.1 (not 7.0) on your next phone, if you can wait long enough or afford it.

renegadejd

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
It's simple, if your phone is working fine now don't upgrade to marshmallow (Android 6) it's crap and will give you nothing but trouble. Stay with whatever your phones running well now and get Android 7.1.1 (not 7.0) on your next phone, if you can wait long enough or afford it.

No, I'm completely happy with it now. That's one of my issues, is I'm tired of the update reminder constantly coming up.