Android cannot load Home

OneMinusOne

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
My phone is a canvas a1 with android m on it ( version 6.0.1 ). I was plagued by lots of the "Google x has stopped working" today it became a nuisance as it popped up every 10 seconds, so according to a guy, I cleared the cache after booting into recovery mode and it took a good 5 minutes. After the wiping, I booted up and i get "starting apps" for some 10 second and then the boot logo. This cycle continues forever. And once I did manage to reach the lock screen but then it wouldn't load Home - "couldn't start home". Can anybody help me out of this mess?
Now it's showing "optimising app 46 of 95" but after it finishes, I get an empty screen and only the back and multitask button works and, I get an error when I click home - "couldn't start home".
Please help as, though I have another phone, this is very important to me and lots of my things depend on whether this works or not.
Also, I haven't done a reset yet as I thought it'd be good to ask here first

Last edited:

OneMinusOne

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way I can get to the play store? All of the apps work fine, I had opened YouTube and g plus before this happened, it is still in recent apps. Also I'm sending this from another phone.
Edit : I managed to install Nova launcher. What now?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad