Circle with mail symbol on right side screen

dimelog

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I try to click on it but it doesn't do anything. Its frustrating watching a movie with that icon.

Any suggestions to remove this icon?

Thanks

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Any help?

Thanks in advance

Do you have a third party mail app installed? Have you simply checked the settings to look for a toggle to turn off the floating action icon for email?
You are going to have to give more details. Typically with a floating icon on android you can Press and hold it and an X will show up at the bottom of the screen where you can drag it to to get rid of it. But it will come back if you get email, until you go into the email app settings and turn it off.
Have you attempted any of this?
All you have basically told us is, you have the icon and it's annoying. What troubleshooting have you done.

dimelog

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I have checked the settings and there is nothing to turn off related to email. I have also checked if there is a email app installed but there isn't.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have checked the settings and there is nothing to turn off related to email. I have also checked if there is a email app installed but there isn't.

Specs on the Android box? What make? Model? Etc. You are going to need to provide more info if you want someone to be able to give you an answer.

NoWork

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I click it and it doesn't do anything
Hi i'm having the same issue with the circle in the same spot. I also have the same box. Mine seems to be trigered by kodi addons. It changes its picture and displays numbers at times. The only way to turn it off is by rebooting the box. It comes back as soon as I run any kodi addon. It truly is annoying. I can't click on it either. Hope someone can help with this.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi i'm having the same issue with the circle in the same spot. I also have the same box. Mine seems to be trigered by kodi addons. It changes its picture and displays numbers at times. The only way to turn it off is by rebooting the box. It comes back as soon as I run any kodi addon. It truly is annoying. I can't click on it either. Hope someone can help with this.

I think this question would be better suited to be asked in the KODI forums since it's their addon causing the issue

Kodi Community Forum

Cheers

GattManDo

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Nothing happends
I have a feeling this is something to do with ES File Explorer. The circle has been bugging me all week. Saw one pop up on my phone and it was ES File Explorer. So if you have that, try uninstalling and let me know how you get on.

It worked for me

Last edited by a moderator:

Alfred The Great

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I have set three of these up the first two were ok on the third the circle appeared.It looked like it was a problem with Kodi.I did what you suggested and removed ES File explorer and this cured the problem.I am wondering now if it was a setting or a bug has the first two worked and are still working with ES File explorer installed. Thanks for the fix it has saved me a lot of time and effort.

Carrmann

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Had this problem with kodi on fire stick but found that if you go into Es file explorer then go under settings on left,click on logger floating widget and uncheck box it should remove it. Hope this helps! :)

prstewart

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. This started tonight on a new Kodi install and w/ FireTV Stick remote I couldn't maneuver to the right side of the screen to click on it, press & hold or anything. And the image in the circle kept changing so no clues there. But it's gone now so... thanks again!