Missing App Shortcuts

CityPretty

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm missing many app shortcuts from both the home screens And the Apps pages. The most important one I'm missing right now is the Google play store app. In the Google Play store app appears in the application settings as both installed and enabled, just like the rest of the missing app short cuts. So I don't know what to do. If I uninstall it, how would I reinstall the Google Play store because I don't where to download it from?
Also, are All the apps that I've personally installed supposed to have shortcuts on the apps page because there are only a few listed there?
Most are listed in 1 one of the home screens, but some aren't listed at all expect in application settings. When that happenens usually I have to go to the Google play store & search for the store app I want. Then it says it's already installed & let's me open the app from there. Otherwise, sometime uninstalling & reinstalling the app creates a shortcut, but this is a pain when you have to do it on a regular basis.

Since I got this cellphone, which is my 1st real smartphone, a few months ago, I admit that I love trying out many new apps by installing & installing a ton of them since I got this Samsung Galaxy S5. It has Andoid 6.0.1 installed on it.

Thanks so much for your help! I'm postive this will be the 1st question (and answer when I learn more I want to help others) of many.
I hope I can eventuall learn advanced things including rooting, advanced mods & Android phone & tablet hardware repair.

I look forward to being a part of this community! :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. What's in the "Apps pages" (the app drawer) is not a shortcut, that's the icon of the actual app. If you delete it, you have to reinstall the app. It usually works, but if it's there, I wouldn't without backing it up first (and Play Store is one I wouldn't uninstall at all).

2. Just long-press one that's in the app drawer and you'll see a home page. Drag it to the home page and you've created a shortcut. Now you can drag it to where you want it - even to a different home page (just drag it to the edge and the pages will flip).

3. If it's not in the app drawer either, you'll have to reinstall it if you still want it. Install App Backup & Restore and back up all your apps once you have all the ones you need reinstalled. Then copy that folder to your computer, or a cloud account (or both). Then you'll have apk files (install packages) for all the apps you use.

Jessica McCormack

Jun 3, 2018
Visit site
I'm missing many app shortcuts from both the home screens And the Apps pages. The most important one I'm missing right now is the Google play store app. In the Google Play store app appears in the application settings as both installed and enabled, just like the rest of the missing app short cuts. So I don't know what to do. If I uninstall it, how would I reinstall the Google Play store because I don't where to download it from?
Also, are All the apps that I've personally installed supposed to have shortcuts on the apps page because there are only a few listed there?
Most are listed in 1 one of the home screens, but some aren't listed at all expect in application settings. When that happenens usually I have to go to the Google play store & search for the store app I want. Then it says it's already installed & let's me open the app from there. Otherwise, sometime uninstalling & reinstalling the app creates a shortcut, but this is a pain when you have to do it on a regular basis.

Since I got this cellphone, which is my 1st real smartphone, a few months ago, I admit that I love trying out many new apps by installing & installing a ton of them since I got this Samsung Galaxy S5. It has Andoid 6.0.1 installed on it.

Thanks so much for your help! I'm postive this will be the 1st question (and answer when I learn more I want to help others) of many.
I hope I can eventuall learn advanced things including rooting, advanced mods & Android phone & tablet hardware repair.

I look forward to being a part of this community! :)

I am missing one or two shortcuts as well as the one in the app pages. But when I look in the system ui it shows the app is installed? But when I go into the apps pages and click on search there is no such app? But the app is in the ui? Any idea what happened? And how I fix?

pidjones

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
If you are missing the shortcut for Play Store, it should probably be the first to fix. You should be able to go into Settings/Apps/All and scroll down to Google Play Store, select it, scroll down to Launch, then when it launches reload it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC