Beyond frustrated with the latest Android 6.0.x updates

scubaalex

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I have been so happy with my Galaxy Note 4 and the OS until the latest October updates. The first was the major update that had some interesting features including WI-FI calling which I could care less about. And with this update, using the Samsung messaging app, I can no longer attach text to MMS messages for pictures. Awesome. I have to turn LTE off. Really?! But, the most frustrating thing is the multiple crashes/reboots per day. Needless to say I'm pissed with the latest major update. It's updates like this that make me want to switch to the dreaded iPhone.:mad:

scubaalex

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Well, here is an update. I deleted apps I thought were suspect. I also cleared the system cache. I think Good may be the culprit but I have to have it for work. However, there have been quite a few updates this weekend. Today is the first day it hasn't rebooted (knock on wood) since the MM update. We shall see.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for the updates. You've already done the main thing I would have suggested first, which was to clear the cache partition. Definitely keep us posted.

scubaalex

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
The app that causes my phone to reboot is Amazon music. So, no more reboots. There are still other issues I have with texting. With LTE enabled, I can't send text with a picture. With LTE disabled, I can send text with a picture but, it also shows duplicates in my text window (recipients only receive one). And, since the update, I'm not receiving 100 percent of the texts people send me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update! I'd definitely send feedback to Amazon about how the app was affecting the phone on Marshmallow.

scubaalex

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
With the latest update, I don't get any crashes. I reinstalled Amazon Music and it has been stable.

The biggest problem I have now is not receiving all texts. Apparently this is a known issue by AT&T with the Note 4 (and probably other Droid devices).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX