How make calendar notifications reappear in notifications area after accidentally swiping away?

Gates Is Antichrist

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the main screen pulldown list of app notifications displayed - where it says missed call, 3 new emails, etc. I accidentally right-swiped away one that roughly said (IIRC) "5 calendar items: call Joe, set up confere" (because that's all that fit on the display. Roughly.)

When I accidentally swiped it (fat finger, meant to hit the item above it), did I "dismiss" all of those notifications? I'm hoping you tell me that I can restore the notification(s).

These are reminders that I set on events that I put on my stock calendar. LG Stylo, 6.0.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
By swipping, yes, you dismissed the notification.
If you want another notification, you need to go to the calendar event and create a new "reminder".

Gates Is Antichrist

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I will say that it's surprising, that it would dismiss a whole group without asking for confirmation. It made sense to me that a single event would be dismissed by swiping, but not a "group of them."

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I am guessing that if all five were from the same app, calendar, that there was only one notification which contained all five reminders. That said, dismissing all with one swipe would be a poor implementation on some developer's part.

Which calendar app are you using?

Gates Is Antichrist

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
There are 3 kinds of notifications. All 3 are appearing in my notification area right now.
Single events ("grocery")
Single events with a snooze option ("cable")
Multiple event ("3 events Call Mom, get gas, call Joe")

The multiple one icon shows 2 stacked grey calendars, the other icons are the same but just one calendar.

I gather that the reason for the different kinds is because Calendar settings indicate that there are each of a "phone calendar, myname@gmail.com calendar, contacts calendar, and Holidays calendar" which I assume are all combined onto the one display. There are also calendars for each hotmail account I have on the phone. I don't know which one "dominates" and I have no idea why there are 3 kinds displayed right now. When I create an event I always manually create it directly on the calendar, and set up the reminders there, so I would think that every event was the same type. (I do use a different display color for some)

I agree, that any operation that flags or deletes multiple items at least deserves the chance to answer a confirmation question.

Just the stock Calendar. The only thing I can see to describe it is in settings/general/app/Calendar which says version 4.70.11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21