Doze works during the day but not at night

Net-Wizard

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I've got the Samsung S6 edge running android marshmellow (6.0.1) and noticed battery drain recently, so during my investigations I've found out about this new doze feature...

I've tweaked a few things and think I've curbed the drain, but it seems as though doze isnt working at night. According to GSam it's dozing throughout the day. I have greenify installed with aggresive doze enabled. My charger is not connected at night, and my phone is in flight mode, so no suspicion of BT, WiFi, mobile data etc being on, only GPS. My phone is not rooted. Surely being in flight mode wouldn't prevent doze, but in saying that, I think the same is true at night when flight mode hasn't been enabled... strange that it seems to doze during the day though?

Does anyone have any suggestions in identifying the cause?

TIA

Attachments

• 10987.jpg
    10987.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 18

Net-Wizard

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Same again last night, only this time the phone wasnt in flight mode. Doesnt doze all night, then as soon as morning comes, without touching the phone, doze mode kicks in...???

Attachments

• 11022.jpg
    11022.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 14

Net-Wizard

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if this screenshot helps which shows Google Play Servces using 56% battery in the past 13 hours - which was mostly night time when I'd expect the phone to be dozing?

Attachments

• 11026.jpg
    11026.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 6