Music players show albums with less songs

Ran Cohen1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have many songs and have downloaded a few apps that can play those songs. The songs are all grouped in directories by the album -> artist.
The apps have an option to play a song out of a specific album of an artist.
However, although some albums have many songs in the directory in the file system, the apps show the album with less songs in them.
I tried using this program to edit the song tags, but they all seem good.
The few apps I tried showed the same albums with the same (less) songs.
What can be the problem?

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
are you sure you have checked both Artist and Album Artist tags. Personally I use Mediamonkey on my laptop to manage and tag all my music. Works great.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Are you fixing the tags on your device itself or on a computer. If you are fixing the tags on a computer are you then deleting it on your device and resending it.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Can you post two tracks online ( one which does appear in the album and one which should but is missing) and send me a link so I can have a look at the metadata, I still suspect the tags are wrong.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The Album Artist tags are empty in both files, players need this info to group albums.

I have edited the tags and uploaded them for you to try.(pm sent for links)

you might want to remove your original links.

Ran Cohen1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
How can you say the album or the artist are gone? This is the bad sang (the one that doesn't appear in an app):
exists.png
Please notice that the image is from MediaMonkey.

EDIT: Do you mean that the album artist is important? So why the second song (8) appears if it doesn't has that tag?

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As you can see in your photo the album Artist field is empty
Music players use the Album artist tag to sort by album, you could have two or more albums with the same title, Imagine you if had Cascada: The Greatest Hits and Bon Jovi: The Greatest HIts.
For compilation albums the Album artist tag is even more important ( I use the tag Various Artists).
As to why some will show with the tag, i'm not exactly sure but it will definitely work if they are populated correctly, Just make sure in MM you have the tags set to be updated to the file on edit. This is under tools/ options/ tags and playlists

You can edit all the tags per album in one go in MM, Just select the first file, press shift and select the last file,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital