Why is the top notification bar sporadically dropping down briefly?

mrlozmoore

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi;
Phone: UMI Z 32GB Gold
Android: updated [Marshmallow 6.0]
When navigating the home screen, the top nav bar will drop down a little and then back to invisible, like a bug; sporadically and many times. Sometimes even the contacts app will randomly open with a random contact.
Software is (i think) fully updated.
Am running Nova Launcher.
Ideally don't want to reset phone.
Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean when you say "navigating the home screen"? Is this happening when you're swiping between homescreens, or tapping on an icon, or trying to rearrange icons?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi;
Am running Nova Launcher.
Ideally don't want to reset phone.
Thanks!
Check your gestures in Nova settings, you may be triggering hide/display notification. OR ... you have notifications that are happening in real time?

Nova has some pretty powerful customizations, I lose track of some of them at times.

mrlozmoore

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
hi; it typically doesn't matter what i'm doing. sometimes if on the homescreen and not even taking any action, the dropdown notif bar (where you change location/wifi/battery etc) will flick down and up briefly, like a glitch if you will.

mrlozmoore

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
hi; in system settings under Home; i switched from Nova to Normal mode and it still happened. the Notification bar is the black bar you can drop down at the top of the screen where you can turn off/on torch/wifi/location etc

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The cache is only temporary data, not settings or customization data, so it should be safe to clear. Just don't Clear Data (or if you want to try that, make sure you make a backup in the Nova settings menu).

mrlozmoore

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
ok thanks; will try that also...however i believe 'the bug' may have gone since i updated Nova Prime with a Beta .apk which was just released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781