SD card not showing names of .mp3 files.

imosel

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
So, I transferred my music to the Google drive through Google Play Music Manager.

Google Play Music was preinstalled on my Vodafone Smart Ultra , and was good for downloading music to internal Android phone space to play without using data.

Since I have a lot of music, all mp3s, I decided to move it all to an SD card and was surprised to see that the music files on it are called with a random number i.e. 3238.mp3.

I have deleted the Nomedia file but it has made no difference, formatted the SD card, replaced in the slot, redownloaded the playlist...no difference.

Please can you advise me, is there a way to view the mp3s on the SD card with their proper name, thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you download music directly to your phone using the Google Play Music app, it's for offline use by the GPM app only, and isn't intended for the user to manipulate. If you want the mp3 files to move around, the best way to do that is to download the files on your desktop browser from your Play Music library site. Then transfer those files via USB to the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37