Severe storage drain Xperia M5

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi there I am a previous windows phone user and first time android user. My Sony Xperia M5 storage space is quite low. I cannot root it to remove the bloat Ware and cannot seem to increase space.
I have tried clearing the cache and nothing has worked.
Need help?? I am getting fed up of it I only have the phone a month like not happy.

Éire

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi there I am a previous windows phone user and first time android user. My Sony Xperia M5 storage space is quite low. I cannot root it to remove the bloat Ware and cannot seem to increase space.
I have tried clearing the cache and nothing has worked.
Need help?? I am getting fed up of it I only have the phone a month like not happy.

Éire
Screenshot_20170224-210819.png

slimchap

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I also came from Windows and believe me android is ****ty when it comes to storage... On Windows Phone we could install apps directly into our SD Cards but on Android you'll need to format your SD Card as internal storage after which you won't be able to use it for media files... It's just one restriction to the other on Android... Windows phone you can do almost everything but on Android you'd need to root your device, which séems impossible if you are running Android 6.0

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
I also came from Windows and believe me android is ****ty when it comes to storage... On Windows Phone we could install apps directly into our SD Cards but on Android you'll need to format your SD Card as internal storage after which you won't be able to use it for media files... It's just one restriction to the other on Android... Windows phone you can do almost everything but on Android you'd need to root your device, which séems impossible if you are running Android 6.0
It's a bit of a joke now like I have a 32gb class 10 SD that's just sitting in my phone as an ornament. Now yes I have stuff stored in it but no apps. Only their app file gets moved not the updates. Stupid really 😒😒😒

slimchap

May 20, 2015
Visit site
It's the storage issue that makes me miss Win Mobile... I bought a 640XL with 16GB internal memory but I had more the 40GB of apps and data all loaded into my 64GB SD Card.. I miss that.