Samsung Galaxy S6 giving me endless notification beeps not from any app?

Mark Mandel

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A month or two ago my Samsung Galaxy S-6 started making nearly constant notification signals, like every minute or 2. Any useful notifications were lost in the flood. I turned notifications off, but that's really unsatisfactory. I've gone down the Notifications setting page and turned them off for all but the very few I want, but none of them notify that much. The only app I have that might be notifying that often is Gmail, but I've turned its notifications off and the g**d**m flood keeps coming. Can anyone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Marshmallow forum to the S6 forum, since this is more likely to be a device-specific issue.

Are these notification tones the same as your default tone? Have you gone to Settings>Accessibility and made sure Notification Reminders is turned off?

Also, is NFC turned on? If so, turn it off and see if that makes a difference. If something with an NFC chip is near the phone constantly (like a credit card), the phone might be detecting it repeatedly and giving you that notification.