LG G3 won't do email setup for outlook.co

danablack

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
I have an LG G3 (on Verizon running Android 6.0) and my stock email app has been able to access my outlook.com mail until about a week ago when it no longer would connect (tried to poll mail unsuccessfully). I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 which had the same problem at the same time. Mail retrieval stopped working the same morning on both devices. A side note here is that other email apps work just fine (K-9 and Blue Mail - neither of which I like).

I have spent hours googling for answers and trying to delete and reinstall my outlook.com account. My tablet just started working again on its own after a few days (it's running a newer version of Android 6). My phone, however, will not recreate my outlook.com account. I've tried everything I can think of. I've very carefully used the settings listed on outlook.com, trying both POP and IMAP. To no avail. I like this phone and would rather not have to get a new phone right now, especially since it's a software problem. My suspicion is that the phone could use an Android update, but just guessing . . .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dana

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Using a web browser, I would go to outlook.com and verify your server settings.
Among other things, make sure the server names end in outlook.com since Microsoft seems to be phasing out the old Hotmail.com servers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10