Problem with the "Ask before..." feature for opening apps only once or always.

Pierre Aubineau

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a newbie here and I don't know if you can help me.

I use my Galaxy Tab S2 only as a monitor for flying DJI drones. For this purpose, I need to switch between three apps, namely DJI-Go, DJI-Go4 and Litchi for DJI.

With my old Galaxy TabS runing Android 5.x Lollipop (that I lost three weeks ago) there was no problem with this setting and I could open "only once" any of these apps each time I was pluging the radio to the tablet via USB cable.
With my new Tab S2 runing Android 6.01 Marshmallow that I set to "ask before defining default app", the prompt window where you can make the choice between "only this time" or "always" is blinking rapidly in the bottom of the screen as shown in the attached video and as such can not be used.
In the developper mode, I first set "USB debugging" without effect and I also tried to set USB config to "Charge" instead of "MTP" also unsuccessfuly : the prompt still oscillates whatever the config or the combination of configs.
A close look at the video indicates that USB configuration continuously oscillates from "Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)" to "Charge". When set to "charge", it does the same.

I'd be very grateful if somebody here can find a fix to this bug...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney