OneDrive app not working in N Beta

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Just a heads up, after the latest update to the OneDrive app it gets stuck in a login loop on Android N. The OneDrive team doesn't seem concerned with it since it's the beta OS, so don't count on a fix any time soon.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I had that error, uninstalled and reinstalled, then got the login loop. So if yours is still working, yeah, don't update.

jayhay312

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This isn't helpful for you guys, but for those thinking about joining the beta, I joined today and onedrive is working for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
OneNote has been having issues since Preview 3 as well - I guess it's just something that MS is using in all their apps that is conflicting with the new N APIs?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Cortana (sideloaded on my Pixel C) doesn't work either. She says she can't connect. She worked fine with MM, so it seems Microsoft has some conflict in many of their apps on N when it comes to connecting.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Takari

eyeks

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks like any app that was already installed before N beta was installed continues to work - updates fail.
OneNote fails to register and is stuck in a login loop.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if this has anything to do with Android apps and Chrome OS?

Posted via the Android Central App

No. It's a Microsoft issue, probably some conflict with the newer APIs in N. The latest Cortana beta (1.8.5) now works with N, though. OneDrive has yet to receive an update. I'm guessing when it does, it'll work with N too.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Trigati

jayhay312

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem with updates for OneNote, and I think OneDrive, not installing. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and that resolved it for me.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is slowly going through their apps and updating the APKs to work with N. Skype for Business was busted for a bit... not sure if they fixed it yet, but I need that for work so N was kind of a dead end for me as far as my daily driver is concerned.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
With the latest Android N beta, the Microsoft Health update finally installed! Cortana upgraded as well. I don't have OneDrive installed but I bet it upgrades now.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
With the latest Android N beta, the Microsoft Health update finally installed! Cortana upgraded as well. I don't have OneDrive installed but I bet it upgrades now.

Biggest telling feature if MS has updated their apps is whether or not they go into an endless cycle connecting or can't connect at all. Cortana 1.8.5 wouldn't connect, but the later 1.9 does. I don't know if OneDrive has gotten an update recently (the file manager I'm using connects to OneDrive so i don't need the app currently).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar