Problem with Bluetooth earpiece disconnecting

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else having the problem of Bluetooth disconnecting while on a call? I own two Plantronics Pro HD earpieces - both worked fine on MM - but on N DP 3 and 4, the earpieces will disconnect, and then reconnect 1-2 seconds later. However, after reconnecting to my N5X, they do not reconnect to the call I am on - I must manually toggle between speaker and earpiece a couple of times to get the earpiece connected back to the call.

I have reported this to Google - just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

NEXUS 5X on AT&T on N DP4

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem on my Nexus 6 on stock rooted Marshmallow 6.0.1 so much with my Plantronics Voyager Legend that I bought the new Voyager 5200. It was pretty good for a month or so, but lately it has been disconnecting and reconnecting during phone calls, and sometimes when it's just in my ear and I'm not on a call. I have to manually switch to the earpiece or speakerphone until my headset reconnects on its own.

I have tried 5.32, 5.34, and 5.36 radios but they don't make any difference with this. Hopefully someone can point us to a solution.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My Bluetooth devices seem to work good for awhile. Then they start having a problem. I usually just totally reconnect them then there fine for awhile

Posted via the Android Central App

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies - this sounds like a BT driver problem - hopefully Google is paying attention to reports from users (I have reported this more than once since being on N.

I did not have any of these problems on MM.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine actually started when I installed the first N beta through MultiRom. I thought it might have been from having the headset paired to the same phone twice (M and N), but even after a complete wipe and reload of just M, it still continues to disconnect. I have forgotten and reconnected the headset many times, but it always comes back.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Weird. I've been having significantly better luck with BT on DP4 than on MM or DPs 1-3. Course I don't own any Plantronics devices. Any chance it could be something like an HD Voice issue? Say the person on the other end not using a compatible device??

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Weird. I've been having significantly better luck with BT on DP4 than on MM or DPs 1-3. Course I don't own any Plantronics devices. Any chance it could be something like an HD Voice issue? Say the person on the other end not using a compatible device??

Because I have an unlocked device, I don't have HD Voice - and some of the people I speak on the phone with don't use any earpiece.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, with developer preview 3 and 4, the SAME issue failed in my car. It's a 2014 civic si And the BT would disconnect soo much and creaTe soo much frustration, I just found up turning it off. So far, it seems that developer preview 5 fixed that issue finally! It's usable again.

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I also have found the problem seems to have been corrected in DP5 - since the update, I have not had any disconnection issues.

NEXUS 5X ON AT&T ON 7.0 DP5 - Posted via the Android Central App

luc lucky

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Yep, i have the same issue on note 3, s6 and lg g4, with two different earpiece Plantronics voyager pro. This occurs since one year ...no idea to solve this annoying issue

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I also have found the problem seems to have been corrected in DP5 - since the update, I have not had any disconnection issues.

NEXUS 5X ON AT&T ON 7.0 DP5 - Posted via the Android Central App

I thought this was related to having an Android Wear watch connected, so I wrote a Texter profile to keep the watch's Bluetooth disconnected while on a call. I thought it was finally fixed on the official Nougat, and even disabled my Texter profile, but it disconnected on me again today.

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I thought this was related to having an Android Wear watch connected, so I wrote a Texter profile to keep the watch's Bluetooth disconnected while on a call. I thought it was finally fixed on the official Nougat, and even disabled my Texter profile, but it disconnected on me again today.

Just today - I had the "disconnect/instantly reconnect" thing happen - first time since DP5 (and I am on official since it came out} - hopefully just a freak occurrence.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine disconnected/reconnected again yesterday. It was only once and it reconnected before I could reach for the speaker button on my phone, so it's better, but still not perfect.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The multiple disconnects are increasing again on my Nexus 6 running stock rooted Nougat. I've finally had enough with this phone and have a mint 6P on the way.