New "nexus launcher?"

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I like the idea of not having an app drawer icon but still having the app drawer. Not a big fan of the calendar widget since my homescreen is the google calendar widget, but not a big deal.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually very excited to have a new launcher to play with. From Google themselves no less. Looking forward to it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I also agree. I'm excited to play with Google's new launcher and see what the new home screen navigation buttons look like. The sliding pull tab will be sleek looking and he removal of the application drawer icon will be nice as well.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I like what they've done with the app drawer (although I'd like it a lot more if I had the option to turn that drawer's background black or transparent). I'm eager to see just how Assistant will be integrated into the design, but, as is, the calendar widget and that inyerface G tab at the top of the display will probably keep me on Nova.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: New "nexus launcher?"

I like what they've done with the app drawer (although I'd like it a lot more if I had the option to turn that drawer's background black or transparent). I'm eager to see just how Assistant will be integrated into the design, but, as is, the calendar widget and that inyerface G tab at the top of the display will probably keep me on Nova.
Yeah, I'm gonna have Action Launcher ready to go. Not to backtrack, I can't wait to get my hands on a new Nexus (I'm probably going Sailfish) and see what's going on with the new hotness. Can't wait.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah the new launcher will be nice looking.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...-to-google-now-launcher-but-a-standalone-app/

I quickly tried out the new Nexus launcher and didn't realise that it doesn't completely replace the home screen but is another launcher in tip if the Google now launcher. It seems a bit weird. What does everyone else here think about it?
I was assuming they would stand alone. I don't want Google Now Launcher to go away. I gotta GNL/Action Launcher rotation going that I rather enjoy.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm just literally all stock Google since it's a nexus phone after all. I love it this way.
I run mostly Google apps, except Textra and Poweramp. I compare every phone to my old Nexus 5. Best device I've ever owned. I'm running on a G5 now. With my set up, I feel like this is what a Nexus 5P would have been like.

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I honestly Compare most phones to a nexus phone more specifically the 6p. It's unfortunate that it's such a niche kind of a phone and not marketed correctly for example galaxy or even Motorola, but still...

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I honestly Compare most phones to a nexus phone more specifically the 6p. It's unfortunate that it's such a niche kind of a phone and not marketed correctly for example galaxy or even Motorola, but still...
Couldn't agree more, regarding the marketing.

On account of the 810, I stayed away from the 6P. Kinda hate that I did since Huawei tamed the processor. I'm jumping in this year, head first. I've skipped the past two years. Can't wait to get back.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more, regarding the marketing.

On account of the 810, I stayed away from the 6P. Kinda hate that I did since Huawei tamed the processor. I'm jumping in this year, head first. I've skipped the past two years. Can't wait to get back.
Yes, as far as stock android especially 7.0 Nougat is concerned, it's a great phone. For once, a nexus device has an excellent camera and a great battery coupled with the extreme doze feature is just awesome! It fits well in the hand , is built solid as a brick. There's not much to dislike whatsoever regarding this phone!

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I started using the new Nexus launcher when it became possible to change the wall paper, however even with the make left home screen Google option on I can't actually get to Google. :(

Posted with a Moto G⁴ Plus

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting. Here's another question I've got. Due to 7.0 Nougat and developer options, we can now gave a quick settings time in the quick settings. However isn't it a bit redundant since the Google app gives us updated weather info in the notification shade all of the time?

0e93a39e05ba39d0c31081a667718277.jpg

aec96f0eb0b5850b5b1db75bb9a6c6ab.jpg

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm tempted to try the new Nexus Launcher. Do you guys know how trustworthy this leaked APK is? How do we know it's not released by shady people?

Google Nexus 6P

itsdubai

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm tempted to try the new Nexus Launcher. Do you guys know how trustworthy this leaked APK is? How do we know it's not released by shady people?

Google Nexus 6P
I have been running it the past few days. Seems left and more speedy than Nova Launcher and Nano Launcher on my s7 edge. Odd because Nano was always the fastest but no more :D

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I tested it. It is pretty cool. My phone isn't rooted so I couldn't make it a system app for the google slider to work, but other than that the only bug was the very top option in launcher settings (can't remember what it was for) but it caused the launcher to fc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12