Nougat update failed?

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the update notification earlier and immediately started the download followed by the install process. I set my phone down to let it do its thing and install the update. I looked back at it a few minutes later and there it was asking me for the password pattern. I entered it and it turned out that the update had failed because im now back to 6.0.1 Marshmellow and can no longer see the update after manual checking for it. Anyone else have this problem as well?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What device are you using? How long did you let it sit (Doze may have killed some of the app processes to finish downloading)?

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
What device are you using? How long did you let it sit (Doze may have killed some of the app processes to finish downloading)?

Im using a Nexus 6P and enrolled in the Beta program and got the update and downloaded it. I did see that it was in the process of installing it (black screen with the green android laying down). I looked away for a few minutes and when I looked back, it was asking me to enter my device unlock pattern then it booted to 6.0.1 and not 7.0. I want to retry but Im no longer seeing the update notification in System Updates.

Edit: I just checked again and finally got the notification. I'll retry the update and hopefully it works this time.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Im using a Nexus 6P and enrolled in the Beta program and got the update and downloaded it. I did see that it was in the process of installing it (black screen with the green android laying down). I looked away for a few minutes and when I looked back, it was asking me to enter my device unlock pattern then it booted to 6.0.1 and not 7.0. I want to retry but Im no longer seeing the update notification in System Updates.

Edit: I just checked again and finally got the notification. I'll retry the update and hopefully it works this time.

It could have been a bad download. You can install updates manually, but here is the catch...it will most likely wipe the device.

robhood

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem during my first try, I got an error when the install started. I unenrolled from the beta, enrolled again and downloaded the OTA and it installed perfectly.

dgg4

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I did the same as robhood and had the same result. Unenrolled/re-enrolled...got a 2nd download message...2nd download and install went fine.

yun qin

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Met exactly the same thing on my Nexus 6p.
First upgrade failed probably because the android system update, which immediately follows downloading the update and before rebooting, didn't reach 100%.
Somehow the second upgrade attempt was able to pull it off at that step.
There was no un-enroll/re-enroll in between the two upgrade attempts

Bob Curtis

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Same here, Nexux 6P. Got the Sept. update in the morning OTA, applied that without issue . About 7:00 pm last night Nougat OTA update appeared, ran for some time, updating apps was last I saw but same result when complete back in 6

CtodAndroid

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Same here, Nexux 6P. Got the Sept. update in the morning OTA, applied that without issue . About 7:00 pm last night Nougat OTA update appeared, ran for some time, updating apps was last I saw but same result when complete back in 6

Same here, just tried to install nougat (non beta) and it did it's thing but booted in 6.0.1.... Talk about a tease right? Looks like the only nougat I will be getting tonight is from this Snickers I'm about to eat... Which is okay I suppose. Because Snickers.

Cmpaterson

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Same experience last night. Update to nougat pushed to my N6P (non beta). Let it do its thing and it rebooted to Marshmallow. How long for the update to push again??

indycyclist

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site

Same thing happened to me. I did a factory reset hoping to fix the issue. It didn't work. I'm still running marshmallow. Anyone have any other suggestions?

AP8815

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Received the small Sept security update to "prepare for nougat" then shortly thereafter successful reboot, received the OTA for Android 7 Nougat, appx 1100MB+ filesize. it downloaded. I clicked install. it counted down to reboot, then look back at my regular Android 6.0.1 homescreen. Has anyone figured out what is happening? Update screen shows "system up to date." Is there something I can do to get it to recognize that it did not update?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome