Anyone get Nougat final on the Nexus 6 yet?

awl_bidness

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Have had Nougat for about one week on my 6p. Enrolled in beta program and had notification within minutes. The only problem I had was loss of Bluetooth profiles (not a big deal to reconnect), and the Bluetooth connection to Ford Synch does not properly download my phone book. I don't care about this anyway, as I will only answer incoming calls to say I am driving and will call you later.

Nougat is a winner on my device. Faster, more responsive, weak WiFi signals that I could not use before are now adequate for video, and I estimate battery life at 30% improved.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Sobering that my original post was 8/23. About a week away from an entire MONTH of no update.

For us beta folks, we're on 7.0 July security patches Google. Thanks for boning us on security.

Phone seems plenty stable so there can be no conclusions other than:

-Google wants to sell their new hardware and is starving out the oldest hardware

and/or

-Google's carrier partners (who embraced and sold the Nexus 6) are pressuring them not to make the update available (which is really stupid since the beta is in the wild)

The press release stating that it will be pushed to the 6 and 9LTE in the "coming weeks" is no consolation. That generally means you might get the update in a month or so. I predict we don't see it before the Pixel phones go on sale or later.

Google really should be ashamed. Also, get over yourself with the staged upgrades. The number of Nexus handsets are a small fraction of the updates that Apple manages at once. There's no credible argument (other than the update being complete garbage and needing to limit the fallout) for not pushing to everyone all at once. It's sobering when I realize how many years I've been saying this.

Larry Ashurst

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I woke up and Nougat was installed yesterday. But I've noticed that people are saying they can't hear me now. I've had it a few times today. So it has to be the update as it's been ok.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Google really should be ashamed. Also, get over yourself with the staged upgrades. The number of Nexus handsets are a small fraction of the updates that Apple manages at once. There's no credible argument (other than the update being complete garbage and needing to limit the fallout) for not pushing to everyone all at once. It's sobering when I realize how many years I've been saying this.

Yup. It's plenty annoying, especially since people who have 5Xs and 6Ps are apparently not out of the woods yet. They're still posting questions, 3 weeks after the start of the N rollout, about multiple builds and posting complaints about updates messing with this, that, or something else on their phones. This process is definitely starting to feel carrier-influenced, though; the waiting and the uncertainty is very much like the usual 45 days of waiting for carriers to certify builds for use on their networks. And if that's the case, I can see wanting to clear up problems with the newer phones before dealing with the N6, but, damn, at least offer up an explanation instead of just re-chanting "in the coming weeks." Even a convenient lie would be better than that.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I was constantly having problems with proximity sensor stuck on and screen black after phone call.

On my two Nexus 6's, project Fi, nougat beta 7.0, so I finish dropped one back to marshmallow. I even bought new screen protectors for both my Nexus sixes, both were set up the same and both have proximity problem. Been twelve hours on marshmallow and keep testing prox sensor on the one I set back. So far on three calls no problem.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't have problems with my beta build. I guess there are always issues with some phones yet OTAs get pushed and images get uploaded.

It should at least be loaded on the developer site as an image and OTA image. So few people use these it couldn't pose enough risk to omit it entirely.

If you're comfortable flashing or side loading you should have access to the files. Period.

newmex999

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Not yet, have Nougat beta for a while. I have sent feedback to Google asking them when I should receive the final version and all 4 emails have not been answered. If that's the way they treat their beta testers then I am going to drop out of the program!

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I sideload the OTA updates now. Tired of waiting for Google to push them. Also since they now have the OTA images like factory images I no longer need to keep my bootloader unlocked anymore.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Finally. Popped up since I went to bed around 1AM. I'm beta enrolled...

898077afc50f02086a03609a05bf8302.jpg