Android 7.0 "I Got my OTA" Thread

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I know we have a lot of threads about 7.0 already but I wanted to start one for people to say they've received their's so we can hope to anticipate when ours will arrive. If you flashed it, please stay out of this thread. Strictly for OTAs only.

MODs, if you feel this is useless or duplicated, do as you deem fit.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Got it on all devices except for Nexus 6 (so 6P, 5X, Pixel C and Nexus 9). All except the 9 were on the beta, which apparently makes the OTA faster. I know you didn't want to hear about flashing, but you can flash the OTA files without unlocking the bootloader if you are in a hurry. You do have to enable USB debugging and install the ADB drivers and stuff, but other than that pretty simple.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for the OTA update, don't want to side load, update from PC, etc. I'm not rooted, don't really tinker w/ my phone much (I do have nova launcher).

Also, I'm not on the beta developer preview. I just want to wait until update comes OTA.

*6P 64 gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64 gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
We did find out that you can join the beta, take the OTA, leave the beta and remain on 7.0.

Yeah I've read that, but don't want to do that... Sounds like a hassle (I think you have to wipe phone ?) and with school starting this week for me... I really don't have time to be screwing around w/ my phone. Haha. That's why I'm just waiting.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've read that, but don't want to do that... Sounds like a hassle (I think you have to wipe phone ?) and with school starting this week for me... I really don't have time to be screwing around w/ my phone. Haha. That's why I'm just waiting.

No data wipe involved at this point. Prior to this particular update it would wipe data if you left the beta and it downgraded OS, but leaving the beta once you're on stable is apparently not downgrading or wiping anything. But, the thread is for people receiving it like normal so I'll shush myself :p

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're coming from stable channel 6.0.1 and join the Beta, you will get your 7.0 update almost immediately. You can then unenroll in beta without it wiping your phone since you're actually getting stable 7.0. It will warn you that it will wipe you phone, but that is not true.

I did it and by choice did a factory reset. I would, at the very least recommend a cache clear through recover post-update.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I joined the beta, got 7.0 and then left the beta. Since 7.0 is not a beta version, you won't have to wipe your phone when you leave the beta.

trojanman

May 15, 2010
Visit site
+1 on enrolling in the beta program, receiving the download on my phone almost immediately after, and then un-enrolling from the beta program. Worked like a charm, and nothing was wiped after un-enrolling.

I will say that during the first install, I did get an error (I've read it's happened to a number of people, no big deal). I just rebooted the phone, downloaded the update again (I can't remember if I un-enrolled, and then re-enrolled or if I went to check for an update), and the second time worked on the install. Running Nougat now and works great. Battery life is even better, and it's not like it was an issue for me before (I can easily get thru a day with around 30% remaining when I normally recharge before going to bed).

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
+1 on enrolling in the beta program, receiving the download on my phone almost immediately after, and then un-enrolling from the beta program. Worked like a charm, and nothing was wiped after un-enrolling.

I will say that during the first install, I did get an error (I've read it's happened to a number of people, no big deal). I just rebooted the phone, downloaded the update again (I can't remember if I un-enrolled, and then re-enrolled or if I went to check for an update), and the second time worked on the install. Running Nougat now and works great. Battery life is even better, and it's not like it was an issue for me before (I can easily get thru a day with around 30% remaining when I normally recharge before going to bed).

I got the error to. Tried re enrolling, and not getting the OTA now. I'll just sideload it when they decide to put up the OTA. It's weird how there is no factory image yet for the 6P or 5X.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I got the error to. Tried re enrolling, and not getting the OTA now. I'll just sideload it when they decide to put up the OTA. It's weird how there is no factory image yet for the 6P or 5X.
I was running dp5 on N9, but had unenrolled after dp2. I re-enrolled on Monday, but it took around 8-10 hrs for the update to show.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Everything is running like a damn all star for me right now. Camera launch from the power button is snappy and works every time also!! That was my one gripe w/ this phone and they seemingly fixed it.

S Health doesn't work either even after an uninstall and reinstall.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
It's silly to be waiting for OTA now that you can enroll in Beta, install, and then unenroll. Its so easy, a cave man can do it ;)

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I was running dp5 on N9, but had unenrolled after dp2. I re-enrolled on Monday, but it took around 8-10 hrs for the update to show.

It finally worked. Just had to install update twice. First time it booted at 80% of processing update. Next time went all the way, and BAM, nougat!

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm gathering from this thread that virtually nobody just waiting for the general (not-Beta-subscribing) public OTA has received it yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000