WiFi AP selection screen display issue

AustinTechie

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I am having lots of wifi issues on my 6p.

First is no automatic connection to known hotspots.

When I go to the access point list, the list is all janked up (jittery, entries overlapping each other) and when I touch on one, it is not registering the selection.

I have turned the wifi off and on and sometimes this clears it up, sometimes it doesn't.

I did reboot the first time I experienced this, and it seemed to clear it up and allowed me to connect to WiFi and the list was "normal".

Don't want to do a hard reset if possible.

Anyone experience this behaviour?

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-cl...n-the-nexus-6p
Don't bother. Waste of time. I had to do a full factory reset and not restored the device to set it up as new using no Google backup. Since then my Wifi has been rock solid and my battery life improved. I know it is a PITA and if you have any games you have to start over which is why I don't play games on my phone but it will run much better and should fix the Wifi issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A cache partition wipe takes about 2-3 minutes to do, so I wouldn't call it a waste of time. Unless the OP has the exact same problem that you had, it's still worth trying. Different users might have different issues that result in similar problems, so even if a cache partition wipe didn't work for you, it might work for another user.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't bother. Waste of time. I had to do a full factory reset and not restored the device to set it up as new using no Google backup. Since then my Wifi has been rock solid and my battery life improved. I know it is a PITA and if you have any games you have to start over which is why I don't play games on my phone but it will run much better and should fix the Wifi issues.
If I'm having an issue I will try a cache wipe first because sometimes it helps and it doesn't erase anything. I would rather try that first and it not work, than FDR and it not have been necessary.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough. I'd suggest to the OP to try the cache wipe once, and if that doesn't help, then consider the factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781