Charging Battery

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Android Police had a link to an app, AccuBattery by, I think, Digibites that had the following:
"Batteries have a limited lifespan. Every time you charge your device, it wears out the battery, lowering its total capacity. Scientific research shows that battery lifespan can be extended up to 200%, when you charge your device to only 80%."

Here's a link to the app in Google Store:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.digibites.accubattery&hl=en&token=S1aSomIx

Has anyone seen this somewhere else or is this just marketing hype?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that charging lithium batteries to 80% can prolong overall battery lifespan--for example, Tesla recommends only charging to 80% for normal daily driving, and charging to 100% in preparation for a long trip. It's less feasible to do that on smartphones (although that app could help). You could probably achieve the same kind of battery lifespan prolongation by routinely charging once the battery reaches around 40% (rather than allowing it to discharge lower on a regular basis).

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I'm going to use it for a while but I suspect someone who knew more about batteries could make better use of it.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Don't waste your time and limited battery power on such apps. They do nothing but collect user info, and con you into thinking it's actually doing something. No app is going to 'extend' your battery life.

Edit: just checked out the app. You'd be better of using GSAM battery monitor! In terms of charging your battery to 80% each time this helps lengthen battery life, but it's minimal. You won't notice it! Plus if you're anything life me when I go out I like my battery to be 100%, not 80%

I stand by my original comment. Don't waste your time and battery power.

Last edited:

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I uninstalled AccuBattery but I might try charging to 80%. When I go out I always have a power pack with me and my battery lasts two days easy. No games. No social media. Actually, I have mobile data turned off and just get email when I hit a WiFi hotspot I've loaded into my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy