BT Audio plays whenever it connects?

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
With this latest Nougat release, I suddenly find that whenever I get in the car, my phone connects via BT and then proceeds to play every media file I have on the phone (ringtones and notifications) through the vehicle sound system. This is in spite of the fact that I have Media Audio disabled in the BT connection settings. Only Phone Audio and Contact Sharing are enabled. Did I miss something?

Paul

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Did it happen before? A friend of mine has a bluetooth car radio that does that, and you can't stop it. Only solution is to add nomedia files to the relevant directories on connect (automated via tasker). Happens on both his one plus 1, my moto G, and my nexus 7 tablet (3 different android versions). It seems the car is sending the play signal constantly.

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
If I think back carefully, I believe it has happened once or twice on older versions of Andriod. But only very occasionally. This recent behavior is every time I connect.

It just occurred to me that one thing I have changed recently is that I have DISABLED Media Audio in the settings panel for BT on the phone. I did that in an attempt to prevent the phone from routing notification sounds through the car BT audio since the radio is not always set to BT Audio and as a result I miss notification sounds. But I wonder if this has caused the phone or the radio to re-route media audio to the car stereo via "phone audio", which the stereo will play regardless of what input is selected.

Gotta go test that theory......

Paul

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci