Nougat battery drain on Nexus 6p

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Now see you on the beta developer previews before the final release of Nougat? I mean the same goes for my phone as well, but still... Thanks.

nnthemperor

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, just got a N6p and opted into the developer preview ring and installed Nougat. Can't say about the battery life since I didn't have time to play with the previous version.
Is Nougat still in Beta? Kinda wary of preview versions after my windows insider experiences.

lynmarti

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Definitely trouble here. Used to be able to get full day out of a charge, but no more since Nougat. Android System and Android OS taking up more battery than usual.

jayhay312

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Definitely trouble here. Used to be able to get full day out of a charge, but no more since Nougat. Android System and Android OS taking up more battery than usual.

I'm having a similar experience here. I keep my screen brightness down near 25%, my screen timeout is at 30 seconds, and I have wifi and bluetooth on. I'm probably a moderate user, web browsing, social media, some streaming music, a few short youtube videos and I cannot get more than 8 hours from a full charge. I've tried all the usual fixes without much luck.

Damian Hillan

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a similar experience here. I keep my screen brightness down near 25%, my screen timeout is at 30 seconds, and I have wifi and bluetooth on. I'm probably a moderate user, web browsing, social media, some streaming music, a few short youtube videos and I cannot get more than 8 hours from a full charge. I've tried all the usual fixes without much luck.

Damian Hillan

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine is noticeably worse . Dev preview 5 was fine. Final version even though it was a tiny update from the final dev preview, battery is nexus 6 bad. Went from 4+ hours SOT to approx 2.5. Same usage.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that some people like to fiddle around with their phone from the excitement of getting a new update so they turn the screen on more often for no particular reason. That's stopping Doze from doing what it should resulting in additional standby drain.

My battery "issue" got better over time as I went back to my regular usage which didn't involve fiddling around with the new features quite as much (randomly adding side by side apps just for the sake of doing it or expanding and contracting notifications and not actually doing anything tangible with it).

Random tip: turn ambient display off, it's incredibly unreliable anyway.

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine is seeing abnormal drain as well. I typically charge before I go to sleep, then take it off the charger during the night. I go to bed at 100% and wake up 6-7 hours later at 100%. Now I'm waking up with 92% or 93%. It's not sleeping. I did a factory reset yesterday but it's not noticeably better so far today. We'll see how it goes over the next few days. Are those with issues using Android Wear?

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I did a manual OTA flash of NRD90U last night then fully charged. After overnight off charge then almost an hour listening to music on BT headphones (music was cached to my phone, not streamed from the cloud) I'm down to ~80% battery. It's been ~13 hours since I took it off charge.

I also have an AW watch, which was NOT connected when I was listening to music but has been connected otherwise.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine is dozing better than it was before the factory reset, but not as good as it was before the update. I took mine off the charger 12 hours ago. I have 2 hours SOT, 3 hours of casting TuneIn Radio to my Chromecast (which keeps the device awake the entire time) and 30 minutes of intense gaming. Normally I'd be dead by now. So the reset helped, and hopefully it'll get better as things smooth out over the next few days. I also got a bunch of app updates as well which could have remedied a problem there.

jlukes

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
This is awful.
Did a factory reset.
Wiped cache and still get this crap

9694df4a428b8c41c32fed92b5b9b295.jpg

037a6368c9207b2897d72376dddbe9c7.jpg

36208119922881a6d7dd036e66ed723f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members