Screen Casting to TVs

Lugz6002

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

has anyone come across any issues with casting your phone's screen to TVs since the upgrading to Nougat?

I have a Nexus 6P and before upgrading I was able to cast my screen, photos, Etc. to a number of TVs using the local WiFi network. Since upgrading, my phone is unable to find any devices on the local network whereas previously it would display the TVs as devices to connect with.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I have two Chromecast devices and can cast to both of them from my Nexus 6P on the latest version of Nougat. Try rebooting your Chromecast devices and have the N6P search for them again. BTW, is your problem on the built in cast or Casting app?

Lugz6002

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey SRFast,

thanks for the response. The problem isn't with casting to Chromecast devices. I have two and they work fine with regards to streaking from my Nexus 6P.

The problem I have is streaming to TVs without Chromecast devices attached to them. Previously, I was able to connect to them (via Miracast I assume) and stream photos, Etc without the need of a Chromecast. For some reason, after upgrading to Nougat, I'm unable to do this. The 6P fails to recognise the TVs as devices I can connect to on the local network.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
All Cast is working fine, it sees my TV and my Chromecast. Regular Cast has never seen anything except the Chromecast.

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Lugz6002,

Your smart TV probably needs a firmware update. Check with your TV maker to see if they have a newer version of the firmware/software that allows you to stream media without Chromecast. BTW, some apps in the Google Play store still aren't compatible with Android 7 yet and I believe your smart TV firmware is in a similar state.

Good luck.